WGSN + COLORO
KEY COLORS A/W 24/25
November 09, 2022
FASHION Color TREND A/W 24/25
by WGSN + COLORO
These colors are supposed to be directional for the next seasons. Read here why WGSN chose these colors ongoing economic, political and environmental crises, a sense of uncertainty.
APRICOT CRUSH 024 – 65 – 27, Color of the year 2024 :
- focus on balanced lifestyles that nourish the body and mind
- orange as a versatile, transseasonal shade
- embodies a full spectrum approach to health and wellbeing
- encompassing the natural vitamin- and antioxidant-rich benefits of apricots and oranges
“Through times of so much uncertainty, Apricot Crush continues to confirm its importance, acting as a colour full of hope and positivity.”
INTENSE RUST 015 — 33 — 25 :
- a transseasonal brown that evokes feelings of stability
- balancing luxury with a raw, earthy edge
- reminiscent of soil, full of warmth and calm texture
” This colour communicates authenticity, quiet luxury and promotes a return of classic design. “
MIDNIGHT PLUM 151 — 22 — 09 :
- a powerful dark purple that connects to themes of space exploration and the metaverse
- a tinted dark close to black, celebrates darkness, connecting to a sense of mystery
“It aligns with the increasing consumer desire for escapism .”
SUSTAINED GREY 035 – 73 – 04 :
- continuing importance of neutrals and more sustainable colour choices
- celebrates recyclability and the pursuit of ‘just enough’
- representing practicality and reliability, this colour is foundational and grounding with a utilitarian edge
“It speaks to promoting balance and slowing down, as a timeless shade with transseasonal and long-term appeal.“
COOL MATCHA 055 – 85 – 20:
- a tinted pastel with a soothing and calm quality
- connecting both nature and technology
- it highlights the importance of developments in nature-powered bio and plant-based materials, dyes, pigments and energy sources
“As consumers continue to deal with feelings of anxiety and stress, we look to colour to help soothe the mind and bring a sense of rest and reflection. Cool Matcha is a quiet, pacifying pale with a therapeutic quality.”
Read more about the WGSN key colors A/W 24/25 here.
The WGSN colors are translated by the COLORO color system.
This system works totally different than PANTONE: it`s is an intelligent, logical system with 3,500 colors, each with a unique seven-digit code. The first three numbers represent the hue, the second two represent the lightness, and the last two represent the chroma value.
Looking for inspiration S/S 2024?
Check out my active trend forecast here or get your free preview.
ACTIVE WEAR TRENDS S/S 24
GET YOUR FREE PREVIEW HERE
Join my community and save your free demo version of my Active Trend Forecast S/S 24. As part of my mailing list you receive appr. 2-3 times a month news and inspirations for active fashion.
THIS MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTING FOR YOU:
3 ACTIVE WEAR LOOKS WITH VIVA MAGENTA COLOR OF THE YEAR 2023 January 15, 2023VIVA MAGENTA Pantone...
DON`T MISS THESE 5 FABRIC TRENDS A/W 23/24 October 19, 2022Fabrics by E. Boselli (left) and...
WGSN + COLORO KEY COLORS S/S 24 May 24, 2022 FASHION Color TREND S/S 24 by WGSN + COLORO These...
I'm Christine, future driven activewear designer. I offer design and trend consulting for sports & fashion brands, designers or start up`s.
In these areas I can help you:
Trend consulting & Design for activewear: tailored exactly to your brand and demands
Digital trendbooks: inspirational forecasts for your sports collection
Moodboard Online Course: Learn how to create professional moodboards and how to use it for a successful presentation of your design concept.
Blog Trend reports & Inspiration: Get my trendletter to receive trend updates and studio news appr.2-3 times a month.