DON`T MISS THESE 5 FABRIC TRENDS A/W 23/24
October 19, 2022
Fabrics by E. Boselli (left) and Barutcu (right)
Fabric Trends A/W 23/24
Seen at PREMIER VISION and PERFORMANCE DAYS
In this trend report of textile innovations, I’ve gathered you my breakdown of the latest Performance Days in Munich and Premier Vision Paris for the A/W 23/24 season. Because fashion and sports influence each other, I decided to include fabrics from Premiere
PERFORMANCE DAYS FOCUS TOPIC April 2022: The Journey to carbon neutrality
The well-known fabric fair for sports fabric and textile innovations concentrate this season on CO2 reducing technologies to reduce this huge impact on climate change. In the Focus Topic category only material and fiber manufacturers who can demonstrate a reduced carbon footprint participate.
In general, four different categories that guarantee lower CO2 emissions when applied can be distinguished:
- Synthetic fibers: with variants made from recycled polyester, polyamide or polypropylene
- Natural fibers such as Tencel, hemp, Naia spun fiber or recycled natural fiber variants
- All fibers that refrain from the use of a chemical dyeing process, instead being spun dyed or with the use of dope dyed yarn
- The fourth group is defined by those fibers that combine several variants – i.e. are dyed or recycled in an energy-saving manner or use natural fibers
LEARN MORE AT → PERFORMANCE DAYS
PREMIER VISION PARIS JULY 2022: BETWEEN DISCRETION AND EXTRAVAGANCE
The main topics for fabrics are:
essential singularity | opulent sobirety | exceptional imperfections | silver focus | sustainability
Sports & Tech fabrics are divided in the following themes:
- Micro-velvety surfaces
- In pursuit of nature
- Accessories: Practical Camping
- Rethinking Elasticity
- Plains with a secret
- Accessories: reflecting plains
DISCOVER MY 5 FABRIC TRENDS A/W 23/24
The following five trends for fabrics and accessories have turned out to be the most important for me, because they are also well suitable for sportswear:
1. TONAL | TEXTURAL | GEOMETRIC
2. METALLIC SILVER | FUTURISTIC | TECHNICAL
3. WILD | GRUNGE | UNEXPECTED
4. RAW | NATural | UnTREATEN | IRREGULAR
5. COZY | HAIRY | SOFT | COMFORTABLE
ACTIVE TRENDS A/W 23/24
GET YOUR FREE PREVIEW HERE
Join my community and save your free demo version of my Active Trend Magazine A/W 23/24. As part of my mailing list you receive appr. 2-3 times a month inspirational news and trends for active fashion.
I'm Christine, future driven activewear designer. I offer design and trend consulting for sports & fashion brands, designers or start up`s.
In these areas I can help you:
Trend consulting & Design for activewear: tailored exactly to your brand and demands
Digital trendbooks: inspirational forecasts for your sports collection
Blog Trend reports & Inspiration: Get my trendletter to receive trend updates and studio news appr.2-3 times a month.
THIS MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTING FOR YOU:
WGSN + COLORO KEY COLORS A/W 25/26 November 10, 2023WGSN Color TREND A/W 25/26 FEAT. COLORO This...
Shaping the Sportswear of the future Trending Sports in 2023 01 Oct, 2023Trending Sports in 2023...
WGSN + COLORO KEY COLORS S/S 25 July 17, 2023Color TREND S/S 25 by WGSN + COLORO These colors...