DREAMY & AIRY: 5 FABRIC TRENDS S/S 24
June 05, 2023
Fabrics by Barutcu (left) and True Beauty (right)
Fabric Trends S/S 24
Seen at PREMIER VISION and PERFORMANCE DAYS
In this trend report of textile innovations, I’ve gathered you my breakdown of the latest Performance Days in Munich and Premier Vision Paris for the A/W 23/24 season. Fashion and sports influence each other – so I decided to combine them.
PERFORMANCE DAYS FOCUS TOPIC November 2022: The Journey to carbon neutrality – TIME TO SCORE
“The vision of calculating the carbon footprint of individual fabrics came to life at the PERFORMANCE DAYS and Functional Fabric Fair by PERFORMANCE DAYS exhibitions in Munich, Portland and New York fairs earlier this year; this is the second stage, with an objective that by next year (2023) the products featured in the PERFORMANCE FORUM will have a quantified number attributed to them.”
Focus Topic defines even further four categories:
These separated categories should be distinguished to have a differentiated view on the CO2 emissions to be able to increase transparency and comparability:
- synthetic fibers with variants made of recycled polyester, recycled polyamide and polypropylene, saving up to 30-40% CO2 emissions
- the use of biobased synthetic fibers such as those made from castor oil is exciting as we see significant CO2 reductions. Work is also currently underway to produce biopolymers from plant waste (biomass) in the future.
- natural cellulosic based fibers such as Tencel™, hemp, organic cotton, Naia spun fiber or their recycled versions
- wool and recycled wool
Image by Premier Vision February 2023
PREMIER VISION PARIS February 2023: BETWEEN DISCRETION AND EXTRAVAGANCE
Main fabric stories:
ambiguous dreams | visionary reveries | sustainable idealism | primal imaginings |
Sports & Tech fabrics are divided in the following themes:
- New Naturals
- Sporty Fluidity
- Premium City
- Useful, sustainable performance
- Digital vibrations
- Objective: leave no trace
DISCOVER MY 5 FABRIC TRENDS S/S 2024
The following five trends for fabrics and accessories have turned out to be the most important for me:
1. CLOUDY | DREAMY | UNCERTAIN
2. open-worked | invisible technologies | lightness
3. SOFT | COMFORTABLE | STRETCHY
4. LUMINOUS | IRIDESCENT | OTHER WORLDS
5. ARTISANAL | BAST FIBRES | HYBRIDS
ACTIVE WEAR TRENDS S/S 24
LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION FOR YOUR NEXT COLLECTON?
Get this beautiful digital trend forecast for active wear full of incredible color stories, print inspirations, selected functional fabrics and more.
THIS MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTING FOR YOU:
WGSN + COLORO KEY COLORS A/W 25/26 November 10, 2023WGSN Color TREND A/W 25/26 FEAT. COLORO This...
Shaping the Sportswear of the future Trending Sports in 2023 01 Oct, 2023Trending Sports in 2023...
WGSN + COLORO KEY COLORS S/S 25 July 17, 2023Color TREND S/S 25 by WGSN + COLORO These colors...
I'm Christine, future driven activewear designer. I offer design and trend consulting for sports & fashion brands, designers or start up`s.
In these areas I can help you:
Trend consulting & Design for activewear: tailored exactly to your brand and demands
Digital trendbooks: inspirational forecasts for your sports collection
Blog Trend reports & Inspiration: Get my trendletter to receive trend updates and studio news appr.2-3 times a month.